Hi, welcome to my résumé page! I keep this page up-to-date. Please note, this page got quite big over time, so I’ve split it into multiple pages.
- Testimonials from people I’ve worked with over the years is now at /testimonials.
- Some fun projects projects I’ve worked on is now at /projects.
- My skills and interests is now at /skills-and-interests.
Relevant Work Experience
Co-founder and CTO, Supercollider, Greenville, SC (2018 - Present)
- Developed large portions of a complex Rails and React app
- Led the engineering and design team
- Implemented significant integration with Google’s Ads and Analytics APIs
- Implemented complex Stripe and StripeConnect payment flows
- Mentored junior engineers
- Led support and customer success
- Fulfilled product management needs, set and met KPIs
- Participated in pitches to customers and supported fund-raising efforts
- Designed and illustrated significant portions of the application
- Responsible for documentation and marketing messaging via Intercom
Co-founder and Partner, Yield Group, Greenville, SC (2017 - Present)
- Led programming on all consulting projects
- Led dev-ops and automation for internal projects
- Developed client pitches, scoped projects, created estimates and budgets
- Designed and planned project architectures
- Built and deployed dozens of apps from start to finish
- Mentored junior developers and guided engineering culture
- Designed and taught a 12 week, full-time Rails and JS course at the local code school non-profit
- Developed curriculum for various code school clients
Co-founder and CTO, The Iron Yard, Greenville, SC (2013 - 2017)
- Led the teaching staff as Chief Instructor
- Performed Head of Product and lead programmer duties for student platform
- Led hiring for engineers and instructors
- Oversaw curriculum for all courses
- Contributed regularly to job placement program for students
- Oversaw all internal tools and open source projects
- Worked on every aspect of Zaarly’s JS application as well as the blog and other frontend needs.
- Mentored junior developers
- Built an internal Ruby gem for a self-documenting style guide
- Worked on the Rails-based API, a Rails-based payment system, and a Clojure interface for Elastic Search
Web Developer, Imaginary Company, Jackson, MS (2008-2011)
- Performed all frontend and backend development for dozens of customers’ websites and apps.
- Managed the company’s in-house servers and backup systems
- Pitched apps and sites to clients
- Guided video and audio production on client projects; worked closely with designers and photographers.
- B.A., Philosophy, Belhaven University. Summa Cum Laude (2011)
I’m happy to provide references; just send me an email. It’s this domain name at gmail.